Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

Best Way to Ship Hair Bows?


Through trial and error, I've discovered the best way to ship hair bows. Whether your an online retailer or simply shipping a gift to a loved one, a hair bow can be shipped different ways.

You'll want to take into consideration that boxes weigh significantly more than an envelope. However, you'll also have to take into consideration that a korker bow is just not going to mail well in an envelope.

For pinwheel bows or other styles that won't deform or smash in shipping, I simply place them in a packet of air, inside an envelope. This is done two different ways.
1) Wrapping the bow in bubble wrap.
2) Placing the bow in a bubble of air, like a ziplock bag filled with hair, or a sealed plastic sleeve.

For bows that can wrinkle or smash easily, I recommend a box. I buy mine from Uline in bulk. However, if you are only shipping a very few, this is not economical. I've used food boxes wrapped in kraft paper, just be sure the box is clean. Like a cookie box or other item that was sealed on the inside. Boxes are avaiable at stores like Target and Walmart. However, at 40 to 1.00 a pop, that's pretty expensive. You might consider making your own box. This wonderful tutorial shows you how...
Make Your Own Shipping Box

Of course, if you are planning to ship priority mail, the USPS provides the boxes for you. Hair bows weigh light, so unless in a hurry, use First Class, it is enough savings to pay for a box.

If you use a box as the best way to ship hair bows, make sure you wrap the bows inside with plastic or tissue paper. You want to eliminate the shuffle and possibility of dampness, etc..

2 comments:

  1. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment. Paper bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you place the bow in a bubble of air?

    ReplyDelete