Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

Non Slip Grips for Hair Bows


Some hair bows come with non slip grips, but for those that do not, you can add your own fairly easy. I add them to the hair bows I sell upon request.

GripZies - This brand of non slip grip inserts are made just with the hair bow in mind. They are free of toxins and latex. The only down side I see is that these can be a bit expensive or unhandy to get, since you have to order them. Hard to get them when in a hurry.

Thin Mounting Foam - A strip of thin mounting foam can be applied to an alligator or french clip to provide a non slip grip. Some of this comes with self adhesive, if not, you can use permanent double stick tape or glue.

Silicone - Some people will apply a thin stream of silicone to the clip. This is a cheap method and easy to find at hardware stores. However, I find it messy and difficult to find a way to prop the clip open while it dries. You can find silicone already made and double side tape or glue it in.

Rubber shelf liner - That foamy type, not the sticky back type. Cut it into little rectangle strips (see picture) and glue it in. I cut some of these up and tried them. I had a hard time gluing them in.

I don't use shelf liner on my bows. Upon request, I add a nice, non hair pulling foam grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment