Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

How to Get Wrinkles Out of Hair Bows

Kids are rough on their stuff. Sometimes they wad up their hair bows or shove them in drawers causing wrinkles in the ribbon. How can you give new life to those old hair bows? Well, it depends on the type of bow and ribbon, but most bows are easily taken care of.

Most likely your hair bow is made of polyester. Most grosgrain and satin is polyester. However, some are blends.

Organza-
I don't recommend steaming organza at all. I once steamed a dress and it altered the texture of the organza. Getting the wrinkles out of an organza hair bow will be nearly impossible, to retain the shape. You can try wetting it and shaping it, but I've never had much luck.

Polyester-
Take the part that is wrinkled and hold both ends, sort of stretching the wrinkled part. Hold it over (not on) a burning light bulb of a lamp. Careful not to burn yourself or touch the ribbon directly onto the ribbon. Don't hold it in the same spot too long either. The heat of the light bulb acts as an iron, but gives a good shape to work with the loops of the hair bows.

You can also use a narrow, low setting flat iron. I would only use a cheap one! No Chi flat irons!

*Warning - My advice is based on my experiences with my bows. I'm not there and can't verify what type of bow or ribbon you have. So use this advice with caution and at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment