Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

Cotton Candy Hair Bows


Cotton candy hair bows will take you back in time to carnivals, festivals and fairs that were visited. The soft shades of blues and pinks are just what that sugar floss candy looks like when mixed on a large display.

Hair bows are best made when they are inspired by a subject, just like art. When I was a child, cotton candy was a real treat. My brothers and I would only get it at the fall festivals at school. Now, it's easier to have this treat more often. Many of the local grocery stores sell it year round now. While I'm glad it is more accessible, I think it would remain more special if it weren't.

With appliques being more popular than ever for little girls, it really goes allow one to be more creative with the color combination and inspiration for hair bows. Remember the old days when hair bows were limited to strictly 1 solid color. I think this might be the number one reason that many people starting making their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment