Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

Pillowcase Dresses


This was a custom order pillowcase dress I made for a customer's little niece. The top layer is made of a lightweight cotton light pink material. The bottom layer is a heavier weight brown with pink polka dot cotton. By placing the heavier weight fabric at the bottom, it helps the dress hang better and the wrinkles fall out better. I know not everyone enjoys ironing or even knows how this day in age.

I put some grosgrain ribbon ties in this dress because it just matched so well. I usually prefer satin so much better, as it is softer, easier to tie and looks better in my opinion on the pillowcase dresses. However, this grosgrain ribbon made by Offray ribbon company is much softer than many brands. It worked out lovely.

We wanted to use polka dots, but not so many that it overrode the simplicity of the outfit. I love the contrast in the dots. You got pink on brown and brown on pink dots.

The ribbon on the bottom is detachable for easier washing. It matches the hair bow and the set could even be used on other outfits. It's very nice to have items that are more deserve and usable to get your money's worth if your a savvy, frugal mother like me.

Great things about pillowcase dresses:

  • These dresses are great for causal wearing , but can be dressed up in a jiffy.
  • A pillowcase dress is affordable (bought or made) and has that boutique quality appeal.
  • Little girls can wear these for spring/summer as a sleeveless dress, or in the fall/winter by adding a turtle neck, button up or peter pan collared shirt.
  • The standard sized pillowcase dress can usually be used for the toddlers but used as a top with leggins as a child grows. A dress such as this can give you years of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment