Welcome to my blog!

Here you'll find my ramblings about hair bows, crafts and boutique chatter for children. In the past, I ran a children's boutique. While the recession forced the doors closes, I've never given up my passion for hair bows, smocking, dresses, etc...

With 10 years experience of hair bow making and designing, my specialty has become mini korker hair bows. While I still make hair bows of all shapes, sizes and forms, my niche is korkers. Currently, these bows are for sell directly, at craft shows, on Etsy and eBay. When time allows I do custom orders. I will also consider wholesale and retailer orders of my korker hair bows and my Facebook page. Please inquire if interested or find me at my Esty or Facebook page. Thanks for visiting!

Tutus - Easy Project for Kids!

By using the no sew instructions for tutus, children can make their own very easily. My 7 year old son actually made the one in the photograph for his cousin. I prefer to sew mine, but for the kids or perhaps someone who isn't too crafty or one who doesn't have a sewing machine, this is a great way to make your own tutu.

You simply stitch a piece of elastic, or get a headband that is the size needed. Many headbands stretch really well.

Get some tulle on a spool that is 6 inches wide. You can get some off the bolt that is wider, but it's rather hard to cut. For small children, the less cutting involved the better.

Decide how long you want your tutu. Take the length desired and multiple it by 2, then add about 1 inch on it. Now cut several strips of tulle that length. For example, an 8 inch tutu: 8 X 2 +1 = 17 inches. So cut the tulle into 6" X17" strips. For an easier method of cutting, Take a piece of cardboard that is 17 inches long and wrap the tulle around it several times. Then cut it at the end of one side.

Now all you do is tie slipknots all around the headband. If you are using more than one color, be sure to alternate your colors. You can make it very full, or not so full. Use as many colors as you like. If you use one of those crocheted headbands, you can layer your colors. However, be sure to get one that is sturdy. We used a cheaper one before and it fell apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment